In the Reader Workspace, you read PDF documents, make annotations and organise these rapidly.
- - This is the PDF Reader.
- - This panel shows the Outliner, which is used to aggregate and type notes.
- - Create and modify tags that are used to rapidly organise your notes.
- - This shows all of the highlights and annotations that you have created.
- - Search across all of the project documents.
PDF Reader Toolbar
- Searchbar - searches inside the current document.
- Highlight Mode: Text highlight, Image Crop, OCR (Optical Character Recognition, converting image to text).
- Page Rotation
- Preview - opens up a small preview of the whole document, making it very quick for you to jump sections.
- Zoom In/Out
- Export - allows you to export the PDF with all the markings/highlights applied to it.
Zenreader comes with three different highlighting modes.
Text:- Drag your mouse across the paragraph of text you wish to highlight and select the colored label you want your text snippet to appear in. The selected text will be appear in the Markings section of the Right Panel.
Image:- For images and tables use the image crop tool. Similarly to cropping text, drag your mouse around the image or table and choose a colored label. The selected image will then appear as an image snippet.
OCR:- (Optical Character Recognition) Some PDFs are a collection of images captured (by means of a fax or scanner machine) from the original paper source: being an image no app can search their text or allow you to copy and paste. The OCR tool processes the selected image and converts into a text snippet allowing you to highlight and copy the reconstructed text (the original selected image is also stored with the text for proof or future reference).
When you select a part of the document to create an annotation, the annotation panel pops up.
Click on one of the highlight colors, or choose a label, to complete the annotation creation.
Alternatively, you may wish to set the selected text to bibliographic information, or copy to clipboard.
In this panel you can see all the annotations and markings made on the current document, or on all the documents in the project.
Each Marking shows the color, the tag used at the moment of creating the marking and the type.
The light gray icons at the bottom of each marking allow you to peform various actions:
pencil- Edit the original highlight text, enabling you to paraphrase the highlight or correct minor text errors.
arrow- Click this and Zenreader will jump to the exact location of this highlight in the document.
comment- Shows the comment box, where you can type additional notes
tags- Shows the additional tags list.
You can use tags to rapidly organise your highlights and annotations. Each tag comes with a color and a tag name. You can create, edit and delete tags from the
Tags panel in the Reader Workspace.
+to add a new tag - You are asked to choose a name.
- Click the
pencilicon to open the tag edit panel:
- Click the
pencilicon to edit the tag name
- Click the tag's color circle to change the color
- Type to add sub-tags (nested tags)
If you rename an existing tag this will automatically update throughout Zenreader.
Search in documents
Type your search term in the Reader search bar. As soon as you do sow, the search panel appears. You can further refine your search.